It’s not all that often that I do a post about something random and somewhat unrelated to food. However, last night I got a comment from Shaun at www.perthfoodreviews.com saying he had nominated me for the Liebster Award. My first reaction was “an award?! Cool!!”, second reaction was “is this a load of bull and who is pulling my leg?” and third reaction was “what on earth is the Liebster Award?!”
So I did a little faffing about on Google and then checked out what Shaun had written and generally clicked my way through a ridiculous amount of food blogs last night reading about it. To be honest, I feel none the wiser!
But I’m going to go along with it anyway for a number of reasons; because it seems like a bit of fun, a lot of you probably know nothing about me and I would like to get my little blog out there to as many people as possible!
Here is the basis for it; firstly, I have tell you 11 random things about myself, then I have to answer 11 questions set by Shaun at Perth Food Reviews, I then have to name 11 other food blogs I admire and set them 11 questions of my own to answer. The general idea, I gather, is to all get to know each other’s blogs a little better – a little bit of cross promotion if you will.
Fingers crossed I don’t bore you all to death and you never visit again! Here we go!
11 random things about me:
1. My favourite way to pass an hour is at a Body Combat class.
2. I have the worst taste in music. The worst. It is embarrassing.
3. I support Hawthorn Football Club. To start with because I had a massive teenage crush on Trent Croad, now just because old habits die hard.
4. I dreamt about Eamon Sullivan last night after eating breakfast at Bib and Tucker on Saturday. That is definitely a random thing, right!?
5. I have an unnatural scarf obsession. Every winter it is like opening a box of treasures you’ve forgotten about over the summer.
6. I twiddle my hair. A lot, all the time. At work, in traffic, at home, whenever my hands are idle!
7. I am Survivor addict! Never missed an episode.
8. I have been sky diving four times. I’ve been white water rafting in Bali and Switzerland. I have trekked throughout northern Vietnam with nobody but a tour guide with limited English.
9. My stomach is bottomless pit. I think the only two times I have been ‘fullsick’ (as my family says) is when I’ve eaten at the Atrium, Burswood. All you can eat buffet, yep, roll me home people. That’ll do it!
10. I watch cooking shows – pretty much anything and everything. I have probably watched more Jamie Oliver re-runs than any other person in Australia! That’s my happy place. Couch, cookbooks, cooking shows. “Happy days” as Jamie would say.
11. I very rarely and even then only on very special occasions, drink alcohol. Coffee and chocolate are my poisons.
Questions from Shaun:
1. What is your favourite TV show (past or present)?
This is a tough one…! Too many to name and loved them all at different times for different reasons.
2: What is your favourite movie genre?
I would have to go with Action.
3: What is your favourite cuisine?
I have to select 11 other food blogs I admire that have less than 200 followers (I’m not sure exactly how I’m supposed to know how many followers they have, so I’m hoping for the best here).
2. Eat meets West
3. The Aussie Bite
4. The Fat Cow
5. Perth Food Engineers
6. Foodie Cravings
7. The Sneaky Pigeon
8. The Breakfast Confidential
9. Taste Test – Food.Life
10. Tasty Liason
11. Lux Life
Here are the 11 questions for my selected bloggers!
1. What inspired you to start your food blog?
2. Favourite place for breakfast in Perth?
3. Favourite place for dinner in Perth?
4. What is your ‘go to’ meal? The one you cook when you can’t be bothered thinking about what to cook?
5. What one thing are you constantly buying even though you absolutely don’t need it? i.e. for me it’s serving platters and scarves.
6. You’ve got half an hour to kill online, what do you do?
7. Must buy food magazine every month?
8. What do you do for a living?
9. Favourite ingredient to cook with?
10. How do you take your coffee? Best coffee in Perth?
11. What is your favourite way to spend a Sunday morning?
Thank you to Shaun at Perth Food Reviews for nominating me. I would love to hear back from my nominees if you decide to answer the questions! It’s wonderful to be part of the food community we have throughout Perth!